Thanks, helix.  My memory of the exact error wording wasn't as good as I
thought!  :)

In my experience the "Export Metadata" link directly downloads a CSV
file; I don't see "My Exports"...?

I'll try to replicate this experiment on demo.dspace.org.

Thanks,

Alan

On 04/16/2013 11:37 PM, helix84 wrote:
> It saves time to list the exact wording ("This export archive is
> restricted.").
>
> Here's what the comment at that place in code says:
>
> // The user does not have read access to this bitstream. Interrupt
> this current request
> // and then forward them to the login page so that they can be
> authenticated. Once that is
> // successful they will request will be resumed.
>
> I don't use that functionality, so I don't know what's wrong. One
> guess I would take is - if you made the export and he's trying to
> download it, he probably can't (although I'm not sure your export
> would show up in his "My Exports"). Is the message the same when he
> tried to do the export as opposed to downloading the export?
>
> BTW you may test the functionality on demo.dspace.org. From my test,
> it works (both exporting and downloading the export).
>

> Regards,
> ~~helix84
>
> Compulsory reading: DSpace Mailing List Etiquette

Alan Orth
alan.o...@gmail.com
http://alaninkenya.org
http://mjanja.co.ke
"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my
wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone."
-Bjarne Stroustrup, inventor of C++