PS: After viewing your website I realised you may have apache2 listening on
port 80 already. You will have to remove apache2 since two servers cannot
listen on the same port.

Regards

hg

On 15 May 2013 19:51, Henry Atsu Agbodza <atsu.agbo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a problem with my tomcat installation and since i wanted to run
> Dspace from port 80, i uninstalled it together with Java and tried the
> installation notes on
> http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/SUNScholar/Prepare_Ubuntu/S05.
>
> Everything was ok until i runned the command "sudo netstat -tapn | grep
> java"
> to check if tomcat was using port 80 as was stated. But i didn't see the
> desired result.
> Below is what was shown on the terminal:
> tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:8005          0.0.0.0:*
> LISTEN      2631/java
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> --
> *Sincerely Yours,
>
> Henry Atsu Agbodza
> Library Systems,
> University of Ghana Computing Systems (UGCS)
> Room G3, Ground Floor - East Wing,
> Balme Library
> Legon
> Tel.: +233 (0) 207 027360*
>
> *University of Ghana Digital Collection
> (UGSpace)<http://ugspace.ug.edu.gh:8080/xmlui/>
> University of Ghana Online Catalogue (UGCat) <http://library.ug.edu.gh/>
> University of Ghana Research Portal <http://libguides.ug.edu.gh>
> University of Ghana Off - Campus Access to E -
> Resources<http://ezproxy.ug.edu.gh/>
> *

> List Etiquette:

*Hilton Gibson*
Systems Administrator
JS Gericke Library
Room 1025C
Stellenbosch University
Private Bag X5036
Stellenbosch
7599
South Africa

Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
http://library.sun.ac.za
http://scholar.sun.ac.za
http://ar1.sun.ac.za
http://aj1.sun.ac.za