Hi all!

I'm trying to addapt a CAS solution I found on JIRA (
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1028) and I'm having problems
authenticating without auto-registering.

There's a boolean parameter in the .cfg determining whether auto-register
the user or not after logging in; if it's set to true, I was able to
arrange it to work with current version correctly. But if the parameter is
set to false, all the authenticate function does is to return NO_SUCH_USER,
as you can see in the proposed code.

Practically, integrating this with CAS means that the user identifies once
vs. CAS, but I don't know why, after it DSpace tries to validate him again
and that's an error (as a CAS ticket can be validated just once). The
question is: why does DSpace keep trying to validate the user when the user
once validated itself and the result was successful? I tried to change
NO_SUCH_USER to SUCCESS, but the same happens.

Another question is: Is it even possible to create a session to a user
without creating the eperson registry in the DB? What objects would be
needed to set for that, just EPerson?

Thanks so much for your help!