Ok, I'm replying myself with some little advances.

This snippet is used in the authenticate funcion of CAS, when eperson ==
null and the cas.autoregister option is false:

+                    else
+                    {
+                        // No auto-registration for valid netid
+                        log.warn(LogManager.getHeader(context, "authenticate",
+                                       netid+"  type=netid_but_no_record,
cannot
auto-register"));
+                        return NO_SUCH_USER;
+                    }

I see similar logic is in Shibboleth or LDAP authentication metods, but I
don't get the point of it. Does that mean that if autoregister option is
set to false and they doesn't have stored credentials as EPerson in the DB,
users shouldn't be able to login? Then what's the autoregister option for,
as it should always be set to true in order to work?

If I replace NO_SUCH_USER by SUCCESS, I see that I get correctly
authenticated vs. CAS only once, but DSpace shows the AuthenticationFail
error. The question is: What steps would be necessary to create a one-time
session for the authenticated user without storing their credentials in the
DSpace DB?

I'm really stucked here, any help would be very appreciated!

Regards.