On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 09:40:34AM +0300, Konstantinos Stamatis wrote:
> Dear Parul,
>

> 1)      I am not sure that I understand what you really ask, but DSpace
> supports unlimited number of users and groups.

To be irritatingly precise:  the number of users is limited to the
positive range of an SQL INTEGER, which is implementation dependent.

PostgreSQL defines INTEGER to be a 32-bit signed binary value, so a
single instance of DSpace can register a maximum of 2147483647 users,
or about one fourth of the present population of Earth.  Groups are
separately limited to the same range.  In practical terms, an instance
of DSpace is unlikely to ever hit these limits.

Oracle defines INTEGER as NUMBER(38) (at least large enough for a
38-digit decimal number), which is somewhat larger.  Probably
DSpace's Oracle table definitions should use BINARY_INTEGER to match
both PostgreSQL and common expectations, but they don't.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Machines should not be friendly.  Machines should be obedient.