On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 1:01 PM, SanjibKumarDeka <xan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have edited the /etc/hosts file and entered the server IP and name along
> with mail server domain name and the local host. Its like,

OK, but you had an IP there before for nmbor.iit.ernet.in, which was a
different IP (202.141.80.9    nmbor.iitg.ernet.in         nmbor ).
So the problem was just that the IP was wrong, right?

> ========
> 127.0.0.1         localhosts
> 202.141.0.0    nmbor.iit.ernet.in    nmbor
> 202.141.8.7    central-library
> ====

Secondly, you now have "127.0.0.1 localhosts" there. It's not "localhosts",
it's "localhost". If you don't correct this, it can cause you problems at
places where you wouldn't even expect it.

In fact, I recommend you to use what you originally had there:

127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4
localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6
localhost6.localdomain6

Regards,
~~helix84