Hi,
your use case will need in any case some work. A good starting point
could be the DSpace-CRIS addon that allow you to make record for the
authors and use the authority control to enable lookup in this
"additional database".
http://cilea.github.com/dspace-cris/

In the author record you can store one or more affiliations and any
other informations that you need.
The only issue in this case is that out-of-box the item will only know
about the author, so if the author has more affiliations you will be not
able to understand which affiliation has been used to sign the paper.
You can solve this issue using the DSpace-CRIS module in different ways,
depending on your actual requirements, for  example you can change the
authority control plugin to allow the user to choose which affiliation
select during deposit and store all the data as text (i.e. Bollini,
Andrea; CINECA) the link to the authority record will be always stored
in the authority column of metadatavalue.
Different requirements, multiple affiliations and "authority control"
also for affiliation, could benefit from different solution build on top
of DSpace-CRIS but it is really impossible to say more without
additional information.
Please note that actually the DSpace-CRIS addon works out-of-box only
with the JSPUI and has been tested on PostgreSQL, however the authority
control integration work also for XMLUI so it is also fine to manage
your "Authority Author Database" from the JSPUI and allow the user in
XMLUI to lookup for it.
Hope this help,
Andrea

Il 15/07/2013 15:29, LifeH2O ha scritto:
> Then this is something that DSpace lack. Authors are just a field but the
> feel like separate entity while using DSpace. For now we have done an ugly
> 'fix' by using second name textbox field to store address with author name.
>
> Can authority control do this?  In this video
> <http://www.duraspace.org/node/914>   they selected authors from a separate
> record.

> List Etiquette:

Andrea Bollini
Dipartimento Servizi e Soluzioni per l'Amministrazione Universitaria
Divisione Ricerca

Via dei Tizii, 6
00185 Roma, Italy
tel. +39 06 44 486 087 - mob. +39 348 82 77 525
http://www.cineca.it