On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Geanina King <gba...@uttyler.edu> wrote:
> Thank you so much for your response. I am confused! :-)
>
> I have already uncommented Step 4 (Upload with Embargo) and commented out the
> other Step 4. I do need the information provided below, is that correct?
>
> # DC metadata field to hold the user-supplied embargo terms
> embargo.field.terms = dc.embargo.terms
>
> # DC metadata field to hold computed "lift date" of embargo
> embargo.field.lift = dc.embargo.liftdate
>
> Besides Step 4 setup, is there anything else you would recommend we do? I
> created several items in the Submission and the embargo was never lifted. The
> items just stayed in the Private Items.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geanina

Please, always reply to dspace-tech, never directly to me.

No, with simple embargo those configuration properties do nothing.

I don't think you need to do anything else besides keeping your
server's clock running precisely (use NTP).

If you created private items, you probably checked the "Private item"
checkbox in the submission step. Try not to do this.

You only need to specify the lift date in "Embargo Access until
Specific Date" in the described format. IIRC, you can do this for both
items and bitstreams. I don't remember what it does when you specify
it for items, but it's likely that the item is private while it's
under embargo. Try it with individual bitstreams in the Upload step.

Try to take a look at the screenshots here:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC3x/Embargo#Embargo-SimpleEmbargoSettings

Regards,
~~helix84