I think I understand now. I don't have a definitive answer, but I can
offer you my point of view.

You are trying to define different schemata for different
oraganizational units. A more natural fit in dspace would be to do
this at the namespace level (the first part, which we wrongly call
"schema"). So IMHO, a more natural fit for DSpace would be:

org-group1.subject
org-group2.subject

You may want to consult this on dspace-general or with DCAT, who are
currently dealing with this kind of thing and may offer better advice.

Regards,
~~helix84