On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM, LifeH2O <life...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now I need a simple way to convert equations in MS WORD so that they can be
> easily copy pasted. How can I do that?

In general, I don't think you can just copy an equation from Word and
paste it into a browser. If you think about it, this is an OS-specific
issue. There's surely a specific clipboard format for MS Office
equations and the browser probably won't care about it. It will
recognize plain text/rich text/HTML, but will most likely ignore
anything else. If there were a browser that has an API for that, you
would be able to do it using JavaScript. The closest thing to that I
found is Clipboard API, but it's new and doesn't care about custom
clipboard formats. Another (non-standard) experiment I found is [2] -
this will work only in Chrome and only for ctrl-v (i.e. not for paste
from context menu), and this example is specific for images.

That means there will be an extra step for the user - he will have to
export the equation in some text format that you can process.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/clipboard-apis/
[2] http://strd6.com/2011/09/html5-javascript-pasting-image-data-in-chrome/

Regards,
~~helix84