On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Ordway, Ryan L
<rord...@oregonstate.edu> wrote:
> We are running DSpace 3 for Oregon State's ScholarsArchive. I am looking into
> the feasibility of running multiple app nodes to help improve performance. Is
> anyone else already running in a clustered DSpace configuration?

Hi Ryan,

I don't think you can run the DSpace application itself in a clustered
configuration (homogenous clusters).

That, however, doesn't mean that DSpace can't benefit from a
multi-node configuration. There are several parts that can be moved
onto separate nodes:

1) the database server (that might in turn be clustered, but that will
most likely *not* speed things up)
2) Solr server (may be also clustered, this might provide the most
benefit from clustering). Do separate the statistics core (which is
write-heavy) from the search and oai cores; or use ElasticSearch-based
statistics instead.
3) a frontend HTTP server to serve static resources (especially bistreams)
4) use a separate syslog server to store logs

As always, measure the performance benefits of each individual change you make.

If you need additional details or if you're not sure what the benefits
of each point are, feel free to ask.

Regards,
~~helix84