Hello,

I used "Batch Metadata Editing Tool", but did not succeed in completing the operation, so I am asking for some help or insight if anyone has dealt with this in the past.
We use DSpace 3.1 and xmlui interface.

This is the error I get when importing the edited csv file:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "/[value of part2]/"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
        at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:582)
at org.dspace.app.bulkedit.MetadataImport.compare(MetadataImport.java:540) at org.dspace.app.bulkedit.MetadataImport.runImport(MetadataImport.java:163) at org.dspace.app.bulkedit.MetadataImport.main(MetadataImport.java:1302)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:183)
There were no changes detected
The string that causes the error appears in an authority (controlled vocabulary) field and it is always the third part (part0::part1::part2) of the authority value, no matter what string (word, phrase) is found there. According to older and similar dspace-tech threads, the importer expects an integer and throws an exception when it reads a string value instead. This is line 540 from [dspace-source]/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/app/bulkedit/MetadataImport.java, which seems to be causing the error:
dcv.confidence = (parts.length > 2 ? Integer.valueOf(parts[2]) : Choices.CF_ACCEPTED);

In this case, there were no changes in the authorities, and I was able to overcome the import error by deleting the authority-field-column from the csv. But what if we need to batch edit authority values? Is it possible?

Another thing I noticed during this procedure, is that most of the authors are written in dc.contributor.author[] while others get written in dc.contributor.author. There is no evident pattern why it happens to only few records. Can anyone explain why this happens? Will it affect our metadata?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Kiriaki
--