Thanks Richard for your time to respond on this. Very nice indeed.

From: Richard Rodgers [mailto:rrodg...@mit.edu]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 7:43 PM
To: Calloni, Rodrigo
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] DSpace and Google Scholar

Hi Rodrigo:

Both EPrints and Digital Commons were designed (initially, at least) for
scholarly article content specifically:
 therefore they can make assumptions that DSpace (where the content might be
anything, like a dataset) cannot.
A good example is the Google Scholar tag 'citation_pdf_url' (from memory, might
be different): it makes assumptions about content
that don't necessarily apply, since in DSpace the bitstream can be anything,
not just a PDF.

So while those services might map more naturally to what GS expects to index, I
don't think it's a matter of doing a better or worse
implementation.

Having said this, we of course always are looking at ways to improve
interoperability with GS (and thus content discoverability generally),
and more work can certainly be done in this area.

My 2 cents,

Richard