From: bluy...@gmail.com [mailto:bluy...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Bram Luyten
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 8:36 AM
To: Calloni, Rodrigo
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] DSpace and Google Scholar

Hi Rodrigo,

although it's not super recent anymore, here's an interesting piece of research
on the subject:
http://www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.htm?articleid=17020806&show=abstract

Just adding one (poorly taken) screenshot from the paper in here, a table
ordering repositories with their indexing ratio: amount of items in the
repository vs amount of items actually included in Google Scholar.

Although this can not lead to direct conclusions, note that the top repository,
with an 89% coverage, was actually a DSpace. To me, this just highlights that
there's much more to it than merely the choice of platforms.

rgds

Bram

[Inline image 1]

--
[logo]

Bram Luyten @mire
2888 Loker Avenue East, Suite 315, Carlsbad, CA. 92010
Esperantolaan 4, Heverlee 3001, Belgium
www.atmire.com<http://atmire.com/website/?q=services&utm_source=emailfooter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=braml>

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Calloni, Rodrigo