Hi Rahul,

we actually have a document to answer exactly this kind of questions:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/EndUserFaq

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Rahul Samaria
<rahul.sama...@akshayapatra.org> wrote:
> —  Repository of  data having search functionality by title, keywords, meta
> tags and author

Yes, you can search by any metadata field, even custom ones you define.

> —  Functionality to set roles of users with specified permission and set
> rules to access/edit/delete the content

Yes, there are anonymous users, logged-in users, user groups,
community administrators and global administrators.

> —  Storage and retrieval of long-term commitments content facilitate decision
> – making

DSpace does provide basic support for preservation.

> —  Data Storage of all data types (Documents,  graphics, media,  flash,
> source files, illustrator and vector files, etc.)

DSpace doesn't care what data you store in it. It does support
indexing and creating thumbnails for some common file types and you
can define any MIME type as supported or not (as an information to
your users).

> —  Data can be accessed through internet and intranet

Yes, that's a matter of network configuration outside DSpace.

> —  Round the clock availability of information which accelerates any process

DSpace is meant to be run as a server, round the clock.

Regards,
~~helix84