Ok, wait...
we are not talking about the browse system but about the navigation of
the facets in the xmlui
https://dspace-test.lib.fit.edu/search-filter?field=author&starts_with=baksay
anyway, unsurprising also the browse doesn't work
https://dspace-test.lib.fit.edu/browse?value=Baksay%2C+L%C3%A1szl%C3%B3+A.&type=author

but looking to the URL it looks correct so the issue need to be on the
"rendering / receiving" side.
Also the URIEncoding of tomcat/apache look good as searching for László
produce the right results.
So my guess is that there are some bugs in the xml transformer or other
view component.
Do you run also jspui on the same server?
Andrea

--
Andrea Bollini
Dipartimento Servizi e Soluzioni per l'Amministrazione Universitaria

Via dei Tizii, 6
00185 Roma, Italy
tel. +39 06 44 486 087 - mob. +39 348 82 77 525
http://www.cineca.it