On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Stefanie Behnke <s.beh...@online.de> wrote:
> It does work so far, although I am not really happy.

OK, now I'm a bit lost. Can you tell me again what your problem was
before you set email_field = uid and what your problem is now?

You're testing in JSPUI, right? Can you also always try the same thing
in XMLUI? It should be the same, I just want to confirm it.

> Any chance to get the fields surname_field =sn, givenname_field =givenName,
> phone_field =telephoneNumber and mail?

I've seen a situation where there was a null appended to the value of
these fields but I'm not sure I've heard of a situation where they
would be empty (it certainly works for me). If you bind with LDAP with
the same user you're trying to log in to DSpace with, does that user
see these attributes? My thinking here is that this might be a problem
with your LDAP setup, not in DSpace. If this is the case, it might be
worked around using the initial bind (with a user who has access to
these attributes).

Regards,
~~helix84