Michael,

I am glad to hear that these tools sound promising to you.

I recommend that we touch base by phone and/or GoTo Meeting to get your
configuration working, and I can use that discussion to improve the
configuration documentation.

E-mail me directly if that plan sounds good to you.

Thanks, Terry

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 6:50 PM, Michael Lastufka
<michael_lastu...@sil.org>wrote:

> Hi Terry, been trying to install the dspace batch tools.
>
> The link to "install and customize"
> (
> https://github.com/Georgetown-University-Libraries/batch-tools/wiki/Batch-tools-customization-steps
> )
> seems to be fine for customization, but leaves a lot to be desired for
> installation (at least for me).
> After following the customization steps as much as I could, I still don't
> get how this is supposed to work. I'm using customPostgres.php.
>
> Where exactly are the files supposed to go - Near the bottom of the
> customization page is a point "Copy scripts from bin-src to bin". There's
> only one script in there - dspaceBatch.sh. Which "bin" should I copy it to?
> Dspace\bin or tomcat\bin? Neither seem to do the trick, now it's in both.
>
> Did not know exactly what this section of instructions means:
>   Check your apache config for the PHP code   ?? Is this asking if php is
> installed and working?? yes.
>      /web - all content editors
>      /auth - all content owners
>          ?? These folders are in your distribution, I'll take your word for
> it that they are editors and owners. I don't understand what I'm "checking"
> for here...??
>      ensure that dspaceBatch.sh can be invoked from the web service
>          ??Tomcat uses war files, so I should create one to invoke what? -
> at least need an html file??
>
> I'm probably missing something fundamental as I've not played with php much
> before and I'm using Quercus - tomcat compatible php in windows with BASH.
>
> We'd sure like to get them working :-)

> List Etiquette:

Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst
Georgetown University Library Information Technology
https://www.library.georgetown.edu/lit/code
202-687-7053