Resurrecting this thread....I've had issues figuring out how to run tomcat
as the dspace user in the past. Has anyone done this successfully and have
step by step instructions on how to do so? I do have root access to the
server, so I can change whatever's necessary to set this up.

Regards,
Charlene

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Tim Donohue <tdono...@duraspace.org> wrote:

> Hi Monica,
>
> You might want to check how Tomcat is configured to run. I suspect that
> your Tomcat may be running as user "root" and group "root". In that
> case, the DSpace logs will be root:root, instead of being owned by your
> "dspace" user.
>
> In general, we recommend running Tomcat as whatever user owns your
> DSpace root directory.  More information about this is in the Tomcat
> section of the Installation Docs:
>
> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/Installing+DSpace#InstallingDSpace-ServletEngine(ApacheTomcat7orlater,Jetty,CauchoResinorequivalent)
>
> Good luck! If you have any further questions, feel free to ask them on
> this list.
>
> - Tim
>

> On 6/24/2014 12:22 AM, Mónica Osejos wrote:
> > Dear Friends
> >
> > Now it's a different query annoying, it happens that my DSpace is
> > configured in the root directory  "/dspace"
> > belongs to group "root" and user "dspace".
> >
> > It happens that my "/dspace/ log" directory generated files
> > (dspace.log.2014-06-24.log and others) daily but this file is created
> > with group "root" and "root". Apparently this causes all data are not
> > recorded in this file.
> >
> > My question is if anyone knows because they are generated by those
> > "properties", this file?
> >
> > It turns out that if I make the change in properties (chown-R dspace:
> > root /dspace/log/*), data is recorded but I am doing this manually,
> > Please any idea what is happening?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Monica

> > Open source business process management suite built on Java and Eclipse
> > Turn processes into business applications with Bonita BPM Community
> Edition
> > Quickly connect people, data, and systems into organized workflows
> > Winner of BOSSIE, CODIE, OW2 and Gartner awards
> > http://p.sf.net/sfu/Bonitasoft

> > List Etiquette:

> List Etiquette:

Charlene Barina, MPH
Research Coordinator, US IMPACT Study
The Information School
303-359-6347 | Skype: cbarina
facebook.com/ImpactSurvey | twitter.com/impactsurvey