On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 12:34:57PM -0600, Charlene Chinda Barina wrote:
> Thanks Hilton, but I'm running this on CENTOS 6.5, with tomcat7 being
> pulled from the epel YUM repo; it doesn't store tomcat user data in the
> location mentioned on the wiki.

If you installed Tomcat from your distribution's package manager, then
the package manager probably created a username to run it.  In that
case, the simplest approach is to have DSpace's files owned by the
account that runs Tomcat, rather than trying to fix Tomcat to run as
some other user.  That's what we do here.  You don't need a 'dspace'
account; you need DSpace to be fully accessible to whatever account
runs Tomcat, since DSpace is just kind of a glorified subroutine of
Tomcat (or whatever Servlet container it runs in).

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library