Dear DSpace community,

I am trying to add Item type (dc.type) to be one of the discover sidebar
facets and search filters.
So far I did the following:

1- Edit discovery.xml by adding <ref bean="searchFilterType" /> to
both *sidebar
facets* and *search filters*. I did that under the default configuration
and homepage specific configuration for discovery.

2- Also I define the search filter bean in discovery.xml

<bean id="searchFilterType"
class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoverySearchFilterFacet">
        <property name="indexFieldName" value="type"/>
        <property name="metadataFields">
            <list>
                <value>dc.type</value>
            </list>
        </property>
        <property name="facetLimit" value="10"/>
        <property name="sortOrder" value="COUNT"/>
    </bean>

3- add webui.browse.index.5=type:metadata:dc.type:text to dspace.cfg file.

4- Edit the*
/webapps/xmlui/WEB-INF/classes/aspects/Discovery/i18n/messages.xml,* by
adding:

  <message
key="xmlui.ArtifactBrowser.SimpleSearch.filter.type">Type</message>
    <message
key="xmlui.ArtifactBrowser.SimpleSearch.filter.type_filter">Type</message>

5- Then clear cocoon cache, restart tomcat and run ./dspace index-discovery
-b.

After doing above steps, TYPE option appears only in the "browse by"
navigation, but It doesn't appear as a discover sidebar facets/search
filters.

Can you help me figuring out What missing here?

Regards,

Nada Abo-Eita