Hello Nada,

Setting up different facets is part of Discovery. As pointed out earlier in
the thread, your original posting looks like your getting most of the
config correct. If you post your discovery.xml, we can take a look and
advise on where the error may lie.

a.) note, in regards to (5) in your original email, you might also
try: *./dspace
index-discovery -f*

b.) also note, do your Items already have the metadata field dc.type
populated? The facet will not show  in navigation unless there is data.

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/Discovery

Best,
Mark

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Hilton Gibson <hilton.gib...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Nada
>
> I cannot help beyond providing the wiki page link. Sorry.
>
> Cheers
>
> hg
>
> *Hilton Gibson*
> Ubuntu Linux Systems Administrator
> JS Gericke Library
> Room 1025C
> Stellenbosch University
> Private Bag X5036
> Stellenbosch
> 7599
> South Africa
>
> Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
>
> On 15 December 2014 at 18:00, Nada Abo Eita <naboeit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Thank you Hilton for your reply,  I added search.index.13=type:dc.type to
>> dspace.cfg, And do reindexing using index-discovery command, but nothing
>> worked
>> Any assist please?
>> It's very important to add TYPE as a facet in my dspace.
>>
>> Note that I'm using dspace version 4.2
>>

>> On 14 Dec,2014, at 9:47 PM, Hilton Gibson <hilton.gib...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, see:
>> http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/SUNScholar/Browse_Indexes/4.X#Step_2_-_Setup_custom_browse_indexes
>>
>> *Hilton Gibson*
>> Ubuntu Linux Systems Administrator
>> JS Gericke Library
>> Room 1025C
>> Stellenbosch University
>> Private Bag X5036
>> Stellenbosch
>> 7599
>> South Africa
>>
>> Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
>>
>> On 14 December 2014 at 19:59, Nada Abo-Eita <naboeit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Do I need to add "search.index.<id> = type:dc.type " to dspace.cfg ?

> List Etiquette:

[image: @mire Inc.]
*Mark Diggory*
*2888 Loker Avenue East, Suite 315, Carlsbad, CA. 92010*
*Esperantolaan 4, Heverlee 3001, Belgium*
http://www.atmire.com