Hi there,

This question relates to DS5.1 on Ubuntu using PostgreSQL.

In our /dspace/config/input-forms.xml we have two drop-down fields for Faculty
and Department, respectively.  We want both fields to have the same element
("contributor") and qualifier ("affiliation"), which are part of a custom
schema ("uws").

However, when we submit the item in the submission workflow, the fields are
each inserted twice in the database.  i.e. rather than having one entry for the
Faculty and one for Department, there are two entries each.

Here are the respective <fields> in input-forms.xml:

        <!-- New field: "Faculty" -->
        <field>
          <dc-schema>uws</dc-schema>
          <dc-element>contributor</dc-element>
          <dc-qualifier>affiliation</dc-qualifier>
          <repeatable>false</repeatable>
          <label>Faculty or affiliated and federated institution</label>
          <input-type
value-pairs-name="FacultySubmissionForm_faculty">dropdown</input-type>
          <hint>Select your faculty or affiliated and federated institution
from the drop down
            list.</hint>
          <required>You must choose from the list of Faculties and affiliated
and federated
            institutions.</required>
        </field>

        <!-- New field: "Department" -->
        <field>
          <dc-schema>uws</dc-schema>
          <dc-element>contributor</dc-element>
          <dc-qualifier>affiliation</dc-qualifier>
          <repeatable>false</repeatable>
          <label>Department</label>
          <input-type
value-pairs-name="FacultySubmissionForm_department">dropdown</input-type>
          <hint>Select your department from the drop down list.</hint>
          <required>You must choose from the list of departments.</required>
        </field>

Any suggestions on solutions, or pointers to where the duplicate entry is
occurring in the source code?

Cheers,

Graham

Graham Faulkner