Hi,

I'm a newbie on DSpace. I just installed DSpace 5.x for my library. We use
jspui.

I added a new field (advisor) on the Submission form by editing the
/dspace/config/input-forms.xml file, which works fine.

In order to display it on the default simple item record page, I modified the
/dspace/config/dspace.cfg file by adding "dc.contributor.advisor" to
webui.itemdisplay.default = section, like the following:

webui.itemdisplay.default = dc.title, dc.title.alternative,
dc.contributor.author, dc.contributor.advisor, \
                            dc.subject(nobreakline), dc.date.issued(date),
dc.publisher, \
                            dc.identifier.citation, dc.relation.ispartofseries,
\
                            dc.description.abstract, dc.description, \
                            dc.identifier.govdoc, dc.identifier.uri(link), \
                            dc.identifier.isbn, dc.identifier.issn, \
                            dc.identifier.ismn, dc.identifier

The interesting thing is that originally this part is all commented out and I
had to uncomment it to make my new field to work.

Now the real challenge comes, the label for the advisor field on the simple
item record page is: "metadata.dc.contributor.advisor", not simply "advisor" as
I expected!

After more research, I came to know that I need to change the
"Messages.properties" file inside my source directory, like the documentation
told me:

Location of the JSPUI message catalog in the DSpace source tree
[dspace-source]/dspace-api/src/main/resources/Messages.properties

The problem is, I can't find Messages.properties anywhere. It simply doesn't
exist!

My question: Where is this file hided?
My another question is: Is this the only way to change my label from
metadata.dc.contributor.advisor to advisor? Because I don't want to rebuild
dspace just for such a small change.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yongming

Yongming Wang