From: alastair.dun...@stfc.ac.uk [mailto:alastair.dun...@stfc.ac.uk]
Sent: 02 June 2015 11:10
To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Dspace-tech] Dspace-cris invalid db.name

Hi,

I've setup dspace-cris v 5.2.0 and this starts up and I can login ok. I've
added in the default CRIS objects and can browse to these ok. This suggests
that the db.name is valid. When I try and create a researcher page and save
this an Internal exception is thrown which states that there is an invalid
db.name:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The configuration for db.name is either
invalid, or contains an unrecognised database
        at
org.dspace.content.authority.AuthorityDAOFactory.getInstance(AuthorityDAOFactory.java:42)
        at
org.dspace.app.webui.cris.controller.ResearcherPageDetailsController.handleDetails(ResearcherPageDetailsController.java:134)
        at
it.cilea.osd.jdyna.web.controller.SimpleDynaController.handleRequestInternal(SimpleDynaController.java:116)

I don't get this problem with v 4.3.0

Any ideas?

There are a few other problems when the system starts but these do not seem to
be a problem yet as I've not done any searching:

Failed to startup the DSpace Service Manager: failure starting up spring
service manager: Error creating bean with name
'org.dspace.servicemanager.spring.DSpaceBeanPostProcessor#0' defined in class
path resource [spring/spring-dspace-applicationContext.xml]: Unsatisfied
dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type
[org.dspace.servicemanager.config.DSpaceConfigurationService]: : Cannot find
class [org.dspace.app.cris.discovery.CrisSearchService]

nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.dspace.app.cris.discovery.CrisSearchService
        at
org.dspace.servicemanager.servlet.DSpaceKernelServletContextListener.contextInitialized(DSpaceKernelServletContextListener.java:92)

This is the final problem which eventually results in a null pointer in the
DspaceContextListener.

Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
with name 'dspace.eventService' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested
exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Factory method [public org.dspace.services.EventService
org.dspace.utils.DSpace.getEventService()] threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalStateException: DSpace kernel cannot be null

Any help is appreciated.

Alastair