Hi,

I think the point is that the value is returning null - e.g. it is not set
in your dspace.cfg - and so a null is passed into the new File(), and
throwing a NullPointerException.

Ugh.

That code needs updating - the static initializer in ItemImport ought to
have try {} catch around it, and there should be explicit handling of the
configuration property not being present (null).