Bug Tracker item #3396536, was opened at 2011-08-22 14:45
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by jguidini
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1126467&aid=3396536&group_id=250683

not just the latest update.
Category: daemon
Group: v3.10.x

Initial Comment:
DSPAM 3.10.1 in daemon mode works great for 5, 6 days ( about 380 MB hash),
when it crash. See syslog:
Aug 22 09:38:59 fspam kernel: [867638.233088] dspam[26311] trap divide error
ip:f77c76eb sp:f19de660 error:0 in libdspam.so.7.0.0[f77b1000+19000]
Compiled with this options: Configuration parameters:  '--enable-daemon'
'--enable-virtual-users' '--enable-debug' '--enable-verbose-debug'
'--enable-large-scale' 'CFLAGS=-mtune=i386 -m32'
System: Linux fspam 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Jun 14 09:42:28 UTC 2011 x86_64
GNU/Linux ( Debian 6 )
I try compile dspam whit CFLAGS= -m32, but not solve.
Thanks!

Date: 2011-08-24 09:44

Message:
I think in eliminate memory leak, array length explosion.. exception in
float point etc.. because de trap error (divide by zero). with im -m32,
-mtune=i386 remove all performance/optimization of CPU architecture (Xeon)
with a pure i386 co

dspam --version

DSPAM Anti-Spam Suite 3.10.1 (agent/library)

Copyright (C) 2002-2011 DSPAM Project
http://dspam.sourceforge.net.

DSPAM may be copied only under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public
License, a copy of which can be found with the DSPAM distribution kit.

Configuration parameters:  '--enable-daemon' '--enable-virtual-users'
'--enable-debug' '--enable-verbose-debug' '--enable-large-scale'
'CFLAGS=-ggdb'

Comment By: Tom Hendrikx (whyscream)
Date: 2011-08-24 09:40

Message:
I'm no complete gcc guru, but it seems to me that both -mtune=i386 and -m32
are trying to accomplish the same thing: creating 32bit binaries. Since
your host machine is 64bit, why are you doing this?

Comment By: Juliano Alves Guidini (jguidini)