Bug Tracker item #3396536, was opened at 2011-08-22 10:45
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by spunkygoose
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1126467&aid=3396536&group_id=250683

not just the latest update.
Category: daemon
Group: v3.10.x

Initial Comment:
DSPAM 3.10.1 in daemon mode works great for 5, 6 days ( about 380 MB hash),
when it crash. See syslog:
Aug 22 09:38:59 fspam kernel: [867638.233088] dspam[26311] trap divide error
ip:f77c76eb sp:f19de660 error:0 in libdspam.so.7.0.0[f77b1000+19000]
Compiled with this options: Configuration parameters:  '--enable-daemon'
'--enable-virtual-users' '--enable-debug' '--enable-verbose-debug'
'--enable-large-scale' 'CFLAGS=-mtune=i386 -m32'
System: Linux fspam 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Jun 14 09:42:28 UTC 2011 x86_64
GNU/Linux ( Debian 6 )
I try compile dspam whit CFLAGS= -m32, but not solve.
Thanks!

Comment By: Eric Hiller (spunkygoose)
Date: 2012-01-15 12:13

Message:
I am seeing this same issue. I was on 3.9.0 w/ sql for several years with
no issues. I have since switched to the hash driver and it crashed. I then
installed dspam 3.10.1 on a new debian 6.0.3 system. Worked from the
11th-14th and crashed with:
Jan 15 14:02:42 dspam kernel: [347389.176564] dspam[16220] general
protection ip:7fe443b6838b sp:7fe44335e118 error:0 in
libhash_drv.so.7.0.0[7fe443b66000+6000]

Comment By: Juliano Alves Guidini (jguidini)
Date: 2011-08-25 05:31

Message:
Dspam crash.. see syslog

Aug 24 20:54:49 fspam kernel: [1080636.720846] dspam[10707]: segfault at
7fdfaa02f048 ip 00007fdfac49c456 sp 00007fdfab23ff80 error 4 in
libdspam.so.7.0.0[7fdfac481000+20000]

Bugtrace attached. - filename bug_output_2

Comment By: Tom Hendrikx (alt. account) (whyscream)
Date: 2011-08-24 05:58

Message:
-m32 generates a 32bit binary, which is not really helping (glibc etc is
64bit). If you left this out during the last compile, then it's ok and we
can just wait for another crash.

Comment By: Juliano Alves Guidini (jguidini)
Date: 2011-08-24 05:44

Message:
I think in eliminate memory leak, array length explosion.. exception in
float point etc.. because de trap error (divide by zero). with im -m32,
-mtune=i386 remove all performance/optimization of CPU architecture (Xeon)
with a pure i386 co

dspam --version

DSPAM Anti-Spam Suite 3.10.1 (agent/library)

Copyright (C) 2002-2011 DSPAM Project
http://dspam.sourceforge.net.

DSPAM may be copied only under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public
License, a copy of which can be found with the DSPAM distribution kit.

Configuration parameters:  '--enable-daemon' '--enable-virtual-users'
'--enable-debug' '--enable-verbose-debug' '--enable-large-scale'
'CFLAGS=-ggdb'

Comment By: Tom Hendrikx (alt. account) (whyscream)
Date: 2011-08-24 05:40

Message:
I'm no complete gcc guru, but it seems to me that both -mtune=i386 and -m32
are trying to accomplish the same thing: creating 32bit binaries. Since
your host machine is 64bit, why are you doing this?

Comment By: Juliano Alves Guidini (jguidini)