Dave, Joey is referring to the usb-serial adapter for the opc-1384, which
has the 8 pin mini din plug used for data, and not the cloning
(opc-478u or eq) cable required for cloning.

I mentioned the cloning Icom driver before, just as a reference, that only
the genuine Icom usb driver supports the genuine opc-478uc cable, if
you wish to cloning functions, besides the opc-1384 connected data
programs, i.e; D*Chat etc. which Joey has asked about. Joey will need
a separate usb-serial driver associated with the usb-serial adapter device
he uses with the opc-1384.

Hence the one usb-serial driver wont do both jobs (cloning & data)
if you use the genuine Icom opc-478uc cable
(cloning with usb-serial hardware incorporated)
as well as the opc-1384(data---requires usb-serial adapter for Joeys' use).

regards

Adrian