From: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of cctbcn
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 10:56 AM
To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [dstar_digital] Re: Maybe possible????

Hello,

As part of our Dstar/Analog testing (see the thread posted several
months ago) we modified a Mastr II repeater to transmit, alternately,
Dstar and analog signals:  For analog, we used the radio's phase
modulator and for Dstar, we used the direct-FM on the compensation
line.  In our opinion, the Mastr II produced a better-quality signal
than the IC-91AD, mostly because it didn't suffer from the "PLL
Bounce" problem that the direct-FM modulated Icom radios have (e.g.
associated with the PLL trying to track the low-frequency components
of the modulation.)