That is the case, the system will function without outside  power or external
network. Going point to point between the ID-1s reduces the coverage area but
retains functionality between the comm   van and  EOC.  The radios are each in
a kit with cables, software and mag-mount antenna, add a laptop and 12VDC to
run.

Mike

"John D. Hays" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                             It may be
splitting hairs, but would you consider it infrastructure, if
 the server and access point (not repeater) was self contained, having
 uninterruptable power supplies (with generator backup), and not
 dependent on an external network?  If not, why?

 --
 John D. Hays
 Amateur Radio Station K7VE <http://k7ve.ampr.org>