Hank,

That is correct.  Actually, it doesn't matter what is in the URCALL
field if the receiver is not set to either callsign or group squelch,
but CQCQCQ is the convention (and will be useful when you get a
repeater/gateway).

Welcome to D-STAR and may Santa be generous. (My family went together
and bought me a nice 2820H for my birthday this year).

--
John D. Hays
Amateur Radio Station K7VE <http://k7ve.ampr.org>