I like the audio on the 2820, perhaps its the fact that its a mobile radio,
and when mobile, you need something a bit more "punchy" although in the UK
the majority of 2820's are for home-based use. I can usually tell which
radio someone is operating by just listening for a few seconds, but I have
personally never found the audio on the 2820 difficultt to listen to or
offensive in any way.
As far as the PTT problem is concerned, there was an issue with the very
early ones, going back 12 months or so, where you would push the PTT and
appear to TX only to discover that you didn't, and were not heard by anyone.
A firmware upgrade to the radio sorted this out, and later models were never
a problem. At least thats the case in the UK.
Happy Christmas,

Declan
M0TMX

2008/12/23 Evans F. Mitchell; KD4EFM / AFA4TH / WQFK-894 <
kd4...@polkemcomm.org>