> Any use of IFrames without the prior consent of the web site owner
is,
> IMO, abuse.  It is also the opinion of most hosting companies.
Yes,
> the pages are copyrightable.  I never claimed that the information
was
> copyrighted, only the pages and use of them in any form on another
web
> site is a violation of the copyright.

Probably not a violation of the copyright...

"As it stands now, there appears to be a doctrine of implied public
access on the Web. The Web was created on the basis of being able to
attach hypertext links to any other location on the Web.
Consequently, by putting yourself on the Web, you have given implied
permission to others to link to your Web page, and everyone else on
the Web is deemed to have given you implied permission to link to
their Web pages." (http://www.benedict.com/Digital/Web/WebLinks.aspx)

"The Ninth Circuit later revisited the question of whether in-line
linking infringes the public display right in Perfect 10 v. Google, a
case involving Google's Image Search. EFF participated as amicus in
that case on this issue, revisiting the arguments first made in Kelly
v. Arriba Soft, and the court ultimately held that in-line linking to
images does not violate the public display right."
(http://www.eff.org/cases/kelly-v-arriba-soft)

"Fair use is a defense to an allegation of copyright infringement
under section 107 of the Copyright Act. Courts use a four factor test
to determine the validity of the fair use defense. The court will
weigh each factor, and no factor is dispositive. The factors are: (1)
the purpose and character of the use, (e.g., is the use commercial?
Educational?); (2) the nature of the copyrighted work; (3) the amount
and substantiality of the copied material in relation to the
copyrighted work as a whole; and (4) the effect on the market."
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_copyright)

What's the commercial value in (elegently) reporting when a bunch of
hams talked on a radio?  BTW, thanks for jFindu and especially
javAPRSSrvr - they have truly increased the enjoyment of my hobby.

73 -- John