> My questions are -
>
> 1) As a repeater owner, would you rather be coordinated?

Duplex Repeaters should be coordinated if feasible.

> 2) Is there a reasonable alternative to coordination?

Only in rural areas.

> 3) Should this be something we pursue with the FCC?

Time division duplex access points such as the 1.2 GHz 150K0F1D DStar data mode
should be placed where local band plans have wide band digital use.
Coordinators may act as a "clearinghouse" for the information rather than a
coordination specifically. This would be in accordance with "Good Amateur
Practice" which in the event of interference issues the FCC would use as a
guideline.

All IMHO...Craig