As a repeater owner I'm thinking I would like to have the minimal protection
offered by the coordination process.  The "repeaters" may be frequency agile
but a 1.2G triplexer is not.  Additionally, the local frequency coordinators
are responsible for publishing my frequency to the ARRL and other potential
repeater owners/users locally.

After reading Part 97.205 and 97.3.a.39 it appears the FCC is only recognizes
simultaneously broadcasted duplex signals as repeaters needing coordination.
The Icom DD mode "repeater" fails both requirements.

My questions are -

1) As a repeater owner, would you rather be coordinated?

2) Is there a reasonable alternative to coordination?

3) Should this be something we pursue with the FCC?

Thanks,

Scott N7SS