The question was does the digital ID constitute a legal ID?

I think 97.119 b 3 shows that it does. D-STAR is a digital emission
that may contain digitized voice, but is none the less digital.

If not, every D-STAR repeater is operating illegally.

We may all choose to also ID on voice except when operating voice, but
not out of a legal need, as I read the cited rule.

--
John D. Hays
K7VE

On Mar 24, 2009, at 22:00, "Ray T. Mahorney" <coffee-cra...@radio-nerd.net