I wouldn't use the overloaded silliness of Dayton as a good example of
how things are supposed to work.

About all Dayton traffic is good for showing, is that there are times
when you should *shut the Gateway DOWN* during events.

Better yet, it shows that the software lacks the ability to block
calls to a PARTICULAR MODULE.  Wouldn't that be nice?  A local module
and a module that has access to the Gateway?

There's a lot of things still missing in the D-STAR Gateway
software... if you ask me.  It's at "nice beta test" stage, or "just
barely release-quality code", really.  I'm not even sure I believe the
latter yet.

As far as your notes about moving from repeater to repeater not
working well for callsign routing in Atlanta, that should be #1 on
Icom's list of things to fix, we all hope...

You could tackle it by using different callsigns yourself for each
repeater you use... if you have people locally who are savvy enough to
figure that out.  "Switching repeaters, call me back with my "A"
callsign.  Next repeater, call me with "B", or just hit one-touch on
this transmission... I already changed over."  Etc.

It's still quite "do-able" but not pretty.

Nate WY0X

Nate Duehr
n...@natetech.com

<*> Your email settings: