Gateway 2.0 supposedly fixed any problems with dynamic addresses.

The downside could be that if the dynamic address really is "quite dynamic"
(changes a lot), the network as a whole may not keep up well with the
changes.

Generally, static is better -- in that any Gateway attempting to "find"
yours to send traffic to it, always will.

That's probably why you're getting mixed messages -- the network is
supposedly capable of keeping track of your moves in IP address, but whether
it will do it WELL, is probably something only another Gateway using a
dynamic address that also has PLENTY of traffic can really answer.

You may want to pose the question that way, over on the Gateway list.
perhaps some folks with dynamic addresses can better answer the question
from the perspective of those actually running one.

Nate WY0X