Bemar, I found this info.

On Apr 21, 2009, at 20:59 , Mark Thompson wrote:

> From Hamvention Yahoo Group
>
> D-STAR Users
> Posted by: "josephbrassard" josephbrass...@yahoo.com   josephbrassard
> Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am (PDT)
> Pre-Hamvention® D-STAR Meet Greet and Eyeball QSO
>
> Date: Thursday May 14, 2009
> Time: 7 p.m. 9 p.m.
>
> Location:
> Marion's Piazza
> 1320 N Fairfield Rd
> Beavercreek OH
> (937) 429-3393
>
> GPS: 39:43.596N 084:03.392W (Degrees:Minutes. Decimal minutes)
>
> From Dayton, go east on US 35 toward Xenia. Turn north at the N
> Fairfield Road exit. ...

This turn north is an exit on the right hand side of US 35 to a clover-
leaf style 180º turn from heading east on US 35 to heading west at a
stop light.  At that point, you'll turn right to heading north on
North Fairfield Rd and will pass straight through two stop lights on
the north side of the overpass over US 35.  As the rest of the
directions state, continue straight and turn right just past Tim
Hortons.  Marions will then be on your left.

Hope to see you there.
--
Moe

At 04:05 AM 3/9/2009, Gary Wilburn wrote:

>I was told that the W8BI D-Star DARA Dayton repeater as of this date is not
>fully functional but should be by Hamvention time.

This is NOT true. While not at a high site (yet), W8BI C is on 147.11
and covers Dayton well. The 440 module has been tested. I suspect
they will want to get to a higher site and get the 1.2 GHz stuff on,
but they ARE covering the area, and yes, the Cinci machines are doing
a great job into Dayton. There is perhaps a 15-20 mile gap in
coverage between Dayton, and coverage from the KT7APR 443.625 machine
in Lima, OH. We hope to fill the gap with an eventual repositioning
of the KT7APR antenna in the next year, coupled perhaps with W8BI
eventually increasing their coverage, and Lima getting 1.2 GHz on
also. There has been a lot done just since the last Hamvention!

Dave

VE3GYQ/W8               mailto:ve3...@amsat.org   mailto:ve3...@tapr.org
D-STAR in Lima, OH     KT7APR   443.625+

Just south of Dayton is Cincinnati and last month two of our most popular
analog repeaters converted to D-Star.  The repeater antennas are located at
700 ft on a local TV tower and do a pretty good job covering most parts of
South Dayton, Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.  Give us a shout if you're
passing through or in range while in Dayton.

The new Cincinnati D-Star repeaters are:

K8BIG  B 444.000  +5.00

K8BIG  C 145.350  -0.600

Middletown, Ohio (Between Cincinnati and Dayton) also has batch of excellent
D-Star repeaters owned by R&L Electronics with good coverage of Dayton.

W8RNL  A 1293.000  -20.00 voice - Only A port in the area

W8RNL  A 1253.000  Data

W8RNL  C  145.160    -.0600

W8RNL  B   442.625   +5.000

I was told that the W8BI D-Star DARA Dayton repeater as of this date is not
fully functional but should be by Hamvention time.  D-Star is really growing
in Southwest Ohio and Northern Kentucky. A good group has migrated from the
analog repeaters to D-Star and we had over 30 attendees at a local meeting
to welcome new D-Star users and those interested in this new mode.

Please make a contact and say Hello if you're ever in the area.

73, Gary W8VI

  _____

I wasn't able to go last year, but usually Icom has a repeater in one of
their booths. I believe Dayton is also now served by a repeater system
(from dstarusers.org)
W8BI <http://dstarusers.
<http://dstarusers.org/viewrepeater.php?system=W8BI>
org/viewrepeater.php?system=W8BI> Dayton OH
147.11000MHz +0.600 443.75000MHz +5.000

and there is always simplex on 145.67.