I am a new member of the group, and new to D-STAR.  We don't have a
repeater in the Daytona Beach area, but several ham friends of mine
have radios, and I decided to get one anyway.  The way I see it, if
enough of us get radios, a repeater will be put up.
Since I'm blind, I have a couple questions about my radio of choice.  I
am getting the Icom IC-80AD.
I know the radio will beep if you have key beeps enabled.  Does the
radio beep differently when selecting power levels? ON my Kenwood
radios, a low beep indicates high power, and the other power levels are
signaled by high beeps.
Using the programming software, can you program the VFO on both bands?
What I would like to do is set the VFO to a certain frequency, PL tone
etc.  I know I could use the keypad to set the frequency, but it looks
like you need to go in to the menu to set PL tones.  If I knew exactly
what keys to press, I could set the tones, but need a starting point.
Not all repeaters broadcast the tone, so tone scan won't always work.
If I know a D-STAR repeater is on a frequency, but I don't know the
call sign, will my radio figure it out if I put it on the frequency? I
can always go on the computer, an put in the gateway callsign if there is one
Are there any tips anyone can give me about this radio?

--
Matt Roberts
Port Orange Florida