At 04:08 AM 1/18/2010, J. Moen wrote:
Rumors are that this DVAP is being developed by the same people who brought us the DV Dongle. I doubt it will officially appear on the website until it is generally available.

   Jim - K6JM

I can confirm the rumor. It's being developed by Robin Cutshaw AA4RC, who did software development for the current DVDongle. Robin has discussed it some on the DVDongle Yahoo Group, but he hasn't released details.

You can get a brief look at an early prototype that he debuted at the D-STAR Forum at the 2009 Dayton Hamvention by looking at the preview of the ARVN video of the event: www.arvideonews.com (the DVD has a much longer discussion). At that point the device only had a transmitter. The final product will be a full micro-transceiver.

73,
Gary KN4AQ

ARVN: Amateur Radio//Video News
Gary Pearce KN4AQ