So -- I posted one message and the list just EXPLODED!

I like that...

But I'm so new that I'm not sure I know what to ask.  D Star, as implemented
here in the US does -- what?  Repeater linking via internet?  Pseudo APRS?
Internet linking on 70 cm or something?  Or perhaps all of these???

It appears the nearest D Star repeater to me is in Albuquerque or perhaps Los
Alamos -- but as I said before, that isn't really a consideration because I
drive cross-country in a truck, so Denver?  Yep.  Albuquerque?  Occasionally.
Phoenix?  Uh-huh.  In other words, I get around to places where there should be
some D Star activity.

So, if I purchase a new D Star dual-bander, what will it allow me to do that I
can't do now???  And how long will it take me to figure out how to make it go?

Thanks,
Earl--

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk