  From: earl_needham
  To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:44 PM
  Subject: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] Still the new guy!
  So -- I posted one message and the list just EXPLODED!

  I like that...

  But I'm so new that I'm not sure I know what to ask. D Star, as implemented
here in the US does -- what? Repeater linking via internet? Pseudo APRS?
Internet linking on 70 cm or something? Or perhaps all of these???

  It appears the nearest D Star repeater to me is in Albuquerque or perhaps Los
Alamos -- but as I said before, that isn't really a consideration because I
drive cross-country in a truck, so Denver? Yep. Albuquerque? Occasionally.
Phoenix? Uh-huh. In other words, I get around to places where there should be
some D Star activity.

  So, if I purchase a new D Star dual-bander, what will it allow me to do that
I can't do now??? And how long will it take me to figure out how to make it go?

  Thanks,
  Earl--

  KD5XB -- Earl Needham
  Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk