From: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dstar_digi...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Daniel G. Thompson
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 2:35 PM
To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] Fooling the GPS firmware in an IC2820 to
display position data without a GPS sig

Jim,

If you can run a cable to the radio from a GPS why can't you run the little
tiny wire for the GPS antenna ??  The radio  comes (if you buy the DStar
ready one) with a 20+ foot cable attached to the GPS antenna. So my question
is, if you can get a serial cable to the radio, why not just make the the
cable the gps antenna cable so that you can use the features?

Dan Thompson
d...@waycom.com