John,

I agree it seems like a bad design.
I fully understand that everyone is a volunteer, I've waited patiently for
three weeks to see if they come back up. And tried to contact them first.

I do indeed wish to do call sign routing (including demonstrations to non Dstar
users).
I also wish to register them separately due to the closed nature of the
repeaters and reflector choice (I have no problems with repeaters restricting
this feature) and the amount of time it takes to update a call sign location.
For example, I currently run my ID80 (KB2BSL) and ID1 (KB2BSL A) at the same
time. The different ports (A,B,C) of local repeaters are connected to different
reflectors. If I were to use the same call sign, each transmission would
trigger an update showing me bounce between systems and ports. This has the
potential to have my last heard and where I really am go out of synch very
easily, and it creates unnecessary traffic and resource allocation of the
servers. I believe this is why you are allowed to register up to eight
"terminals", so one may do things such as I wish.

This has been working fine for me for about a year on two radios, and I would
like to add an 880 and additional ID1's to the mix in the same way.

I know this all may sound a bit silly, but I hope people understand what I am
trying to accomplish.

Thanks
Gary
KB2BSL