My guess is that you haven't got registered all the way on the gateway. Find
the nearest Repeater by going to the status page
http://???????.dstargateway.org/status.html<http://nu7ts.dstargateway.org/status.html>
Put
in the callsign  were the ? marks are of the local Repeater. In the menu bar
there is a place that says register this is a 2 part operation there are
some web sites that can lead you through this,

Ted AC7II

--
Ted McArthur
AC7II