>I don't think so, I fully agree with Ed, I have
>seen many userĀ“s drop off dstar, due to callsign routing technique not
>satisfying their desire to listen in on a qso first before joining in.

Good point.  Hams love listening.  It's part and
parcel of the hobby, whether people like it or
not.  Echolink has repeatedly had the same
discussion over "silent connects", where people
connect, say nothing, then disconnect.  Once you
discount those that happen for technical reason,
the majority of the rest are people listening to see if there is any activity.

Ham radio modes really do need to cater to
listeners.  I do it myself, I often park my hotspot on REF003 C and listen.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com