So I took the radio our of the truck and plugged in into the control head and
power supply for my other 800 in the house and it worked fine. Therefore the
radio itself must be fine, meaning that the SWR of the system in the truck is
high and/or the power supply in the truck is problematic.

I did notice that when the truck is running, the power to the rig is a bit high
(14.5V). When keyed on high power and when the truck is off, voltage drops from
12V to 11.6V. I think I might need to invest in a voltage regulator. Any
suggestions?

73 de Bud
W0RMT