My point was that the cost of the current implementation isn't prohibitive vs.
the "codec2" implementation. Not too many people are not going to buy an AMBE
implemented D-Star radio because of the $13 difference between that and yours.

The "codec2" fantasy is an answer in search of a problem.

73,
Scott, N9AA